Weaning can seem like an overwhelming process, especially if you are a first-time mother, a working mother or an unconfident cook. Babies often donâ€™t like first tastes, which can make experimenting off-putting. It is also messy and time-consuming and too often it is easy to slip into bad habits. Processed foods are readily available, easy to make and cheap to buy. They are also full of hidden sugars, bleach and preservatives that can be harmful.
Our weaning clinics are designed to give you an overview of what to feed and what not to feed your baby, how to prepare healthy and nutritious food without it becoming a burden and ultimately to give you the confidence to enjoy experimenting with your little one.
A typical weaning clinic will include:
- The doâ€™s and don’ts of weaning
- How to integrate breast & bottle feeding with introducing solids
- An overview of a balanced diet (per day/per week rather than per meal)
- A feeding plan with goals and targets (3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months. 12+months)
- Equipment you will need
- Easy puree recipes – demonstration, tasting
- Easy nutritious home-made teething and toddler snacks
Weaning class – 2 hours – Contact Lara for price